My Media Bio
Heather Shannon is an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist who helps people remove shame and stigma around sexuality while becoming more conscious relationship partners. In private practice since 2011, she’s helped thousands of clients embrace who they are as sexual beings and live a more authentic sex life.
Heather has her Master’s in Counseling from Loyola University Chicago, is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and has a Certificate in Sexual Health from the University of Michigan. Additionally, she is trained as an Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapist, Shambhala Meditation Guide, and Health Coach. Drawing upon her holistic training, she tailors her work to each individual client and offers an intersectional approach factoring in both demographic and sexual diversity.
Heather serves as a Sex and Relationship “Pro” for Peanut, a social media app that reaches over 2.5M women. Each week, she answers user questions on everything from threesomes to low libidos. Heather has been featured in publications such as The Daily Beast and MindBodyGreen, as well as podcasts like The Horny Housewife and The Multi-Orgasmic Mama. She lives in St. Petersburg, FL.
You are welcome to use these photos. Please send us a link at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know where they’re being featured.
Podcast Guest Appearances
- “Sexual Energy and Getting Your Mojo Back – Heather Shannon” – Meditation Podcast
- “How To Have Conscious Sex In An Unconscious World” – The Curious Girl Diaries
- “Sex and Consciousness; Heather Shannon” – Mindfulness Mode
- “Open relationships and the trick to dirty talk with Heather Shannon” – The Multiorgasmic Mama
- “Humor in Bed – yes or no?” – Wild & Sublime
- “Explore Your Kinks & Upgrade Your Sex Life with Heather Shannon” – She’s So Audacious
- “A useful recipe for sexual healing, embodiment and a few splashes of kink FT Heather Shannon” – Strictly Forbidden Flavors
- “HSP Sexuality: Understanding the Unique Advantages and Disadvantages with Heather Shannon” – Am I OK?
- “Becoming Sex Positive with Heather Shannon” – Better Sex
- “Please Your Partner and Escape Performance Anxiety with Sex Therapist Heather Shannon” – Bro Nouveau
- “”How Do You Wanna Feel?” with Heather Shannon, Certified Sex Therapist” – #HookupHorrorStories with Demi Wylde
- “interview with heather shannon” – disembodied
- “A Little Bit of Everything w/ Heather Shannon LCPC” – The Not So Bad Bachelor Pad
- “Monogamy, open relationships, porn, exploring your kinks and sexual shame ft. Heather Shannon” – The Horny Housewife
- “Fetishes and taboos with certified sex therapist Heather Shannon” – Neurons to Nirvana
- “Heather Shannon – Certified Sex Therapist” – LOA Today – Living Our Abundance with the Law of Attraction – Your Daily Dose Of Happy
- “Sex Therapy” – The Tuddle Daily Podcast
- “8 Real Stories From People Who Found Love Online After 40” – MindBodyGreen
- “The Situationship Is Dead” – POPSUGAR
- “You Should Be ‘Textually Compatible’ With Your Partner” – Lifehacker
- “The Real Difference(s) Between Sex Coaches and Sexologists” – Giddy
- “Meet Heather Shannon: Lotus Center Ltd Noble Square” – Voyage Chicago
- “How to Talk to Your Partner About Better Sex” – Better
- “It’s About Fucking Time” – HUSTLER
- “Type A . . . and Anxious Attachment” – American Counseling Association
- “Type A Girl . . . in a Relationship” – American Counseling Association
- “8 Best Dating Sites For Singles Over 50, According To Experts” – MindBodyGreen
- “Wellness: Aiming for an ever-moving target” – Counseling Today
- “Advocates say EEG therapy can guide mental energy” – Chicago Tribune
- “This Summer’s Hottest Look Is Skin. Lots of It.” – Daily Beast