My Media Bio
Heather Shannon is an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist who helps queer, kinky and/or non-monogamous people explore who they are as sexual beings and how they want to show up in their relationships. In private practice since 2011, she’s helped thousands of clients experience more freedom and authenticity in their sex lives than ever before.
Heather has her Master’s in Counseling from Loyola University Chicago, is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and has a Certificate in Sexual Health from the University of Michigan. Additionally, she is trained as an Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapist, Shambhala Meditation Guide, and Integrative Health Coach. Drawing upon her holistic training, she tailors her work to each client and offers an intersectional approach factoring in their unique background and life experiences.
Heather serves as a Sex and Relationship “Pro” for the Peanut, a social media app that serves over 2.5M women. Each month, she answers user questions on everything from threesomes to low libidos. Heather has been featured in publications such as Cosmopolitan, Women’s Health and Self Magazine as well as on podcasts like The Horny Housewife, Curious Girl Diaries and The Multi-Orgasmic Millionaire. She lives in St. Petersburg, FL.
Podcast Guest Appearances
- “Sexual Energy and Getting Your Mojo Back – Heather Shannon” – Meditation Podcast
- “How To Have Conscious Sex In An Unconscious World” – The Curious Girl Diaries
- “Sex and Consciousness; Heather Shannon” – Mindfulness Mode
- “Open relationships and the trick to dirty talk with Heather Shannon” – The Multiorgasmic Mama
- “Humor in Bed – yes or no?” – Wild & Sublime
- “Explore Your Kinks & Upgrade Your Sex Life with Heather Shannon” – She’s So Audacious
- “A useful recipe for sexual healing, embodiment and a few splashes of kink FT Heather Shannon” – Strictly Forbidden Flavors
- “HSP Sexuality: Understanding the Unique Advantages and Disadvantages with Heather Shannon” – Am I OK?
- “Becoming Sex Positive with Heather Shannon” – Better Sex
- “Please Your Partner and Escape Performance Anxiety with Sex Therapist Heather Shannon” – Bro Nouveau
- “”How Do You Wanna Feel?” with Heather Shannon, Certified Sex Therapist” – #HookupHorrorStories with Demi Wylde
- “interview with heather shannon” – disembodied
- “A Little Bit of Everything w/ Heather Shannon LCPC” – The Not So Bad Bachelor Pad
- “Monogamy, open relationships, porn, exploring your kinks and sexual shame ft. Heather Shannon” – The Horny Housewife
- “Fetishes and taboos with certified sex therapist Heather Shannon” – Neurons to Nirvana
- “Heather Shannon – Certified Sex Therapist” – LOA Today – Living Our Abundance with the Law of Attraction – Your Daily Dose Of Happy
- “Sex Therapy” – The Tuddle Daily Podcast
- “3 Ways to Try the Coital Alignment Technique Sex Position from ‘Sex/Life’” – COSMOPOLITAN
- “What It Means To Have A Soul Tie—And How To Break An Unhealthy Connection” – Women’s Health
- “24 Best Oral Sex Toys That Are Low-Key Better Than the Real Thing” – GLAMOUR
- “8 Real Stories From People Who Found Love Online After 40” – MindBodyGreen
- “The Situationship Is Dead” – POPSUGAR
- “You Should Be ‘Textually Compatible’ With Your Partner” – Lifehacker
- “The Real Difference(s) Between Sex Coaches and Sexologists” – Giddy
- “Meet Heather Shannon: Lotus Center Ltd Noble Square” – Voyage Chicago
- “How to Talk to Your Partner About Better Sex” – Better
- “It’s About Fucking Time” – HUSTLER
- “Type A . . . and Anxious Attachment” – American Counseling Association
- “Type A Girl . . . in a Relationship” – American Counseling Association
- “8 Best Dating Sites For Singles Over 50, According To Experts” – MindBodyGreen
- “Wellness: Aiming for an ever-moving target” – Counseling Today
- “Advocates say EEG therapy can guide mental energy” – Chicago Tribune
- “This Summer’s Hottest Look Is Skin. Lots of It.” – Daily Beast
Find out what People have to say:
Event speakers can be hit or miss, but Heather definitely hits a home run when she speaks. She’s an expert in her field, and communicates the difficult and often awkward topics of sex & intimacy in a way that is effective, fun, and puts everyone at ease. I have enjoyed both events that I’ve attended where she spoke.
Marcus McGehee, Entrepreneur Social Club
Heather led a mindfulness workshop for our corporate wellness program and did not disappoint. She explained different mindfulness concepts, meditation techniques, and emphasized ways to implement these tools in our daily lives.